Most recent versions of Acrobat Reader, software used for viewing PDFs, contain serious security vulnerabilities. If you have this software installed, please visit Adobe’s website for security updates or select the update option from within the application.
When updating AVG Anti-Virus v8.0, you may see the error “A .bin file is missing”, and the update does not install. Also, an exclamation (!) point appears on the AVG icon in the system tray.To resolve this issue:
- go to http://www.grisoft.com/ww.download-updat…
- make a directory on your desktop called AVG
- download AVI: 270.6.4
- download IAVI: / 1616
- move the dowloaded files to the directory you made called AVG
- launch AVG
- select tools -> update from directory
- select the directory called AVG where you put the downloads
AVG has also released an update to fix this as well, and the client software should be functioning fine if you have updated recently. However, if you still get the error, please follow the steps above to manually update your AVG client.