A set of network upgrades/architecture changes in the ADCOM Datacenter has been scheduled from midnight on Sunday April 13th (Saturday night/Sunday morning) into 9am on Sunday April 13th. During this time, the networking in the TPCS ACT Datacenter along with ACT applications and services reliant on that Datacenter will be intermittent and down.
Services that will be affected by this maintenance include but are not limited to:
- ACT-hosted Financial Applications
- ACT-hosted Student Applications
- All apps which use SSO/shibboleth for authentication, even if they only use AD as an authenticator. (This includes departmental apps not located in ACT Datacenters since the SSO interface requires systems which only live in ADCom.)
- ACT managed ER systems (millennium/fiscal2xxx/etc.)
- Campus WSUS server
- ACT vCenter server. (ESXi hosts will continue to run, but vCenter will NOT be accessible.)
- Data Warehouse
- ldap.ucsd.edu (ldap.AD.ucsd.edu will be up)
- UCSD spam quarantine web interface
- some mailing lists may experience delayed delivery
If you have any questions regarding the planned maintenece please contact the ACMS Help Desk at (858) 534-2267.