The ACS Help Desk will be closed on Monday, September 1st in observation of Labor Day. Regular support hours will resume on Tuesday, September 2nd at 8am. If you live on campus and would like to report any network outages, please call 858-534-3227 to leave a message.
When updating AVG Anti-Virus v8.0, you may see the error “A .bin file is missing”, and the update does not install. Also, an exclamation (!) point appears on the AVG icon in the system tray.To resolve this issue:
- go to http://www.grisoft.com/ww.download-updat…
- make a directory on your desktop called AVG
- download AVI: 270.6.4
- download IAVI: / 1616
- move the dowloaded files to the directory you made called AVG
- launch AVG
- select tools -> update from directory
- select the directory called AVG where you put the downloads
AVG has also released an update to fix this as well, and the client software should be functioning fine if you have updated recently. However, if you still get the error, please follow the steps above to manually update your AVG client.